During this two-part webinar, participants will gain a basic understanding of the layout and format of project specifications and drawings. Through interactive tasks, attendees will review and learn to navigate the project documents, including the CSI Master Format of specifications and methods for navigating drawing sheets.
Part 1 (June 22) will focus on the basics of understanding CSI Master Divisions 1 through 33. Participants will complete an exercise specific to reading and understanding the content of an actual project specs and related drawings.
Part 2 (June 29) will dive deeper into understanding and navigating the CSI Master divisions 1 through 33. Participants will complete an exercise specific to reading and understanding the content and multi-discipline requirements of an actual project specs and related drawings.
- Gain an understanding of CSI Master Format of specifications
- Learn how to navigate drawing sheets, including the following specifics:
- Sheet numbering
- Reading and cross-referencing drawings
- Cover sheet and project code compliance
- Plan views, elevations, sections, and details
- Drawing schedules and diagrams
- General and specific sheet and discipline notes